Special Needs Teacher
London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
£135 - £140 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is recent experience working with special needs children or vulnerable adults and a qualification in primary education.
ASAP start – permanent position
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Special Needs Teacher to work within a special needs environment in East London. The school is in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham and it caters for children between the ages of 7 and 17. The children have autism and/or social, emotional and mental health needs. The successful Special Needs Teacher will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, with children across KS2 to KS3.
• Special Needs Teacher
• To work with students with autism and/or social, emotional and mental health needs between 7 and 17 years old
• Work with a team of special needs staff to support the children throughout the day
• Working with a maximum of 7 children in the classroom
• Working with a team of up to 2 teaching assistants in class
• Teaching includes nurture group activities
• Daily rate starts at £135 per day
• This is a permanent role
• Maximum of seven children per class
• Small, friendly setting
• Located in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
• Set in a residential area that is easily accessible via public transport
• Special needs school for children with autism and social, emotional and mental health needs
• Well-structured days with small group work and nurture groups
• Rated ‘Good’ on Ofsted
• Real community feel to the school, with friendly and welcoming staff.
To be considered for the Special Needs Teacher position, you will:
• Have experience working with children or adults with special needs
• Qualification in Primary Teaching (KS2)
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Special Needs Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN team on 020 7065 7500 and quote job reference: MXLSEN154245
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Barking and Dagenham
- Supply agency