Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to work in a mainstream Primary School. The school is looking for someone who is familiar working with Autism and able to use Makaton and Bucket Time to work with children in Reception. The school is a ‘Good’ school with excellent facilities and is successful in practicing inclusion throughout the school. The role would be an ongoing role throughout the academic year and could become a permanent role for the right person.
About the Role
• Special Needs Teaching Assistant
• Working with children in the Early Years
• Temporary role until the end of the academic year
• £70 - £80 per day.
About the School
• Inner City School, based in Central London
• Rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED
• Large outdoor area, and spacious feel to the school
• Clam and industrious atmosphere
• Inclusive school
• Based in Camden, within minutes of public transport
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Needs Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NXB1110SENTA
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.