Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA who has experience working with ASD. This Special Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA role is to support a child with ASD 1:1 in a primary school in Lambeth. To be considered for this role, you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant in a school, and knowledge of SEN/ASD is preferred. The full time role would be to start now and be contracted till the end of the academic year, however, for the right candidate, it could become a permanent position. If you have supported autistic children in the classroom, or have worked with SEN children and are looking for a role then this may be the role for you.
About the Role
· Special Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA
· To support a child 1:1 with ASD in a primary setting
· January start
· Temp role for 2 terms till the end of the academic year but could become permanent
· Full time role
· Daily rate of £75 per day
About the School
· Ofsted rated ‘Good’
· Two form entry school
· Inclusive school
· School goes on a range of trips and invites visitors into the school throughout the academic year
· Thriving school with strong links to the community
· Friendly and supportive staff who work well as a team
· Based in Lambeth with parking on site as well as a short walk from the tube and bus services
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Must have proven UK based experience working
· Be an outgoing, friendly and approachable person
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NXB21175.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.