Jockey Club Sarah Roe SchooI
Jockey Club Sarah Roe School is a special school for children and young people who have severe learning difficulties aged between 5 and 19.
Special School Principal (Headteacher)
ESF is a world class education system, with 22 outstanding schools in Hong Kong. Our vision is to help every student be the best that they can be, in whatever they choose to do.
Jockey Club Sarah Roe School (JCSRS) embodies that vision. The remarkable school staff work with children with a variety of complex needs to ensure that they can develop the skills – and gain the life experiences – that will allow them to lead happy lives. It is a special place, that requires a special leader.
The school is now recruiting a principal to commence in August 2020.The Principal of JCSRS will not be just a world class educator, they will be someone with the knowledge, skills and experience required to help this wonderful school to grow and develop in the future. They should be an inspirational figure, someone who is able to work with staff, students and the wider school family to bring everyone together behind our common goal – to help the young men and women of the school reach their full potential.
This is not a job for just anyone. The successful candidate will have to be more than an exceptional leader – they will be a world leader.
The ideal candidate will:
- have demonstrated knowledge, experience and passion for learning and teaching of students with special needs
- be a visible leader who builds capacity for a team of teachers, therapists and support staff
- be committed to an inclusive approach that sets high standards of self and others and creates opportunities for every student
- embrace two way partnerships with families as well as local and international communities
- be ambitious, innovative and compassionate
Applicants must have experience working in special school or a mainstream school with a special needs provision, and worked as a head of school (Principal, Head Teacher, etc.) (Applications from experienced deputy head teachers will be considered)
• competitive salary and cash / housing allowance;
• international medical coverage;
• education allowance for three children;
• 20% gratuity upon successful completion of the initial two-year contract.
For information about the schools, please visit www.jcsrs.edu.hk
Closing Date: 18 Aug 2019
For enquiries, please contact Paul Munder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here for more information about the position.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.