Specialist Lead Vocational Teacher
Job type- Full time permanent
Salary - £37,572
Hours- 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch)
Do you believe that every young person should be given a second chance and opportunity to turn their lives around? If so, then join Nacro at our Medway Secure Training centre, who educate, nurture and transfer lives.
Who we are looking for? We are in search of a Specialist Lead Teacher who can enable young people to flourish and achieve their potential and work with the wider prison service team and on-site partners to ensure young people are safe and behave within acceptable levels of behaviour.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- You will be supporting young people and be responsible for all vocational provision delivered to young people aged between 12 and 17 years old who have been sentenced or remanded in custody. This includes, Construction, Horticulture, Hairdressing and Customer Services
- To manage a team of teachers/trainers, via good team player and communication skills and having the ability to remain professional, positive and setting a good example to young people and colleagues alike at all times.
- Design and implement a Vocational curriculum to young people, assessing their work and raising their aspirations through constructive feedback and appropriate support.
- You will have the ability to work in a challenging but highly rewarding environment, be adept at defusing conflict, and working strictly to protocol and procedure.
- To be creative, flexible and able to adopt a range of teaching strategies, whilst modelling pro-social behaviour at all times and setting clear boundaries and expectations
This is an exciting opportunity to create an innovative and dynamic learning environment within the secure estate, enabling young people to flourish and achieve their potential
The successful candidate should have:
A PGCE (or equivalent qualification)
GCSE English, mathematics and ICT (or equivalent qualifications at level 2 or above)
Knowledge of the Ofsted Common Inspection Framework for Schools, and framework for the Inspections of Secure Training Centres is essential
DBS & Secure Training Centre Vetting required including 5 years reference history.
Please apply online