ASPIRE, GROW, SUCCEED
We are looking for a talented individual to join our teaching assistant team to support regular students and also a visually impaired student requiring Braille resources. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is skilled in this area and passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people.
To excel in this role, the ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to create specialist Braille resources (training will be provided).
- Be able to motivate and engage young people (be an excellent role model).
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal communication, organisation and ICT skills.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent accuracy and attention to detail skills.
- Have a resilient mind-set and positive approach when faced with challenging situations.
- Ability to successfully lead activities independently with students.
- Be flexible and adaptable in their approach to work.
- Play a proactive role in the SEND team by supporting whole school and team initiatives.
In this role, you will be required to work 37 hours per week, term time plus 5 days.
In return, we can offer you:
- A positive, fast paced, working environment focused on making a difference for young people.
- Excellent resources and facilities.
- An opportunity to learn new skills and access our varied continuing professional development programme.
If you would like to apply, please download the Applicant Info Pack, which contains further details about the post, including how to apply. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com for an application pack or telephone leaving your postal address and when school re-opens on 2 September 2019 we will forward an application pack to you.
Closing date: 15 September 2019
Allerton Grange is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expects all staff, Governors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and safeguarding recruitment checks.
We are also an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.