Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to join an outstanding independent special needs school in the Morden area of South West London. This full time Special Needs Teaching Assistant TA role is for an immediate start and will be a temporary role. There are also permanent roles available. The children at this school are aged between 3 and 19. This role is to work with primary and secondary aged students. The school supports students through a language based curriculum employing experienced teachers, teaching assistants and therapists.
About the Role
• Special Needs Teaching Assistant
• Working with primary and secondary aged students.
• Either 1:1 supporting a specific child, or working within small groups
• General in-class support involved
• Prior experience supporting students with speech and language difficulties essential
• School hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm (term time only)
• Full time temporary positions with Daily rates between £70 and £80 per day
About the School
• Caters to students with a speech, language and communication impairment
• Children here are aged between 3 and 19
• ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating
• Holistic tailored curriculum with a focus on removing barriers to learning
• Excellent leadership team
• Supportive team environment
• Located next to a mainline station and parking is also available on-site
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Needs Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Experience working with children or adults with special needs
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD 1263
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.