The Ascent Academies’ Trust is a partnership of five special academies in the North East, which provides and develops special needs provision across the region.
The Trust is committed to providing excellent speech, language and social communication skills to students. The postholder will lead the speech & language therapy service in the academies and carry an appropriate clinical caseload.
We are seeking to appoint an individual with:
· Clinical speciality in autism and substantial experience of working within this field;
· Experience of communication models;
· Ability to deliver training and coaching to staff;
· Ability to work on own initiative and form networks with other professionals;
· HPC and RLSLT registration.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people with Special Needs and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded from the website www.ascenttrust.org listed under job vacancies. Completed applications are to be returned via email to HR@ascenttrust.org or direct to Human Resources, Portland Academy, Weymouth Road, Sunderland SR3 2NQ.
Closing date: Monday 8th January 2018 at 12 noon