Hurst Lodge School is looking to recruit two innovative and outcome-focused Specialist Speech and Language Therapists, working in mainstream schools with an ASD provision.
Successful candidates will be working with children with Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) as well as those needing targeted Special Educational Needs (SEN) support aged 4 to 18.
These are part time positions, up to 4 days per week.
We aim to deliver the right support at the right time, through assessment and intervention, and equipping families and professionals with the skills and resources to work together to help and support children with SLCN.
Your main duties in the role of Speech and Language Therapist will include but not be limited to:
• Clinical decision making in conjunction with school staff around the level of support needed to achieve the best possible outcome for the children on your defined caseload
• Assessment, advice and intervention for children with a range of speech, language and communication needs within your caseload. For children and young people on your caseload who are considered to have complex needs and where a joint multidisciplinary approach is essential to achieving the best outcome for these children, you will be supported by the SENDCo.
We can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Fee Reductions and Pension
- A team of students, therapists and assistants led by a SENDCo who is an SLT
We are looking for therapists who:
- Are looking to support the development of the therapy team and service
- Have a recognised SLT degree in Speech and Language Therapy and a minimum of 1 years’ experience working as an SLT
- Are registered with the HCPC and RCSLT, and have permission to work in the UK
The closing date for this advert is 23:59 on 31st March 2021, although we will be looking at applications as they come in and may shortlist in advance of closing date.
Hurst Lodge School is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the young people in its care and as such all applicants will be required to provide at least two references, undergo an enhanced DBS check, take part in relevant safeguarding training and complete a disclaimer.
Hurst Schools Limited
- English secondary schools
There is no such thing as a typical Hurst Lodge student. We are a non-selective Independent School taking boys and girls from three to eighteen offering exceptional and diverse teaching to support children and make their time at school happy and prod...