St Ann’s School, Redbank Plains, is a Brisbane Catholic Education school which opened in January 2020. The school is located 35 minutes southwest of the Brisbane CBD between Ipswich and Springfield Lakes.
Commencing in 2020 with approximately 100 students from Prep to Year 3, it is anticipated the school will grow to over 500 students by 2025, with Prep to Year 6.
Visit our school website here
About the role
As a member of our school team, you will work collaboratively to provide a range of speech pathology services that promote and support effective inclusive practice. The support you provide will be responsive to our school’s context, maintain a student-specific focus, and complement services provided through Brisbane Catholic Education’s School Services.
- Develop, implement and evaluate speech pathology services to promote student communication, learning and well-being outcomes
- Optimise the quality of service outcomes in partnership with the school community
- Maintain standards of practice and competencies consistent with Speech Pathology Australia and BCE policies and guidelines
Qualifications & Registration
- Speech Pathology qualifications
- Blue Card or QCT registration
Skills & Experience
- Clinical competence in differential diagnosis and intervention for children/adolescents with communication difficulties and the capacity to effectively apply this knowledge and expertise within the educational or other organisational contexts.
- Experience working within educational environments
- Experience working collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams
- Problem solving skills
- Communication and networking skills
The successful applicant will receive:
- Speech Pathology supervision
- Professional development with school staff
- Speech pathology specific professional development with the BCE speech pathology community
- Access to latest technology
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card prior to commencement; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Please submit your application online summarising your suitability for the role and demonstrate how your skills, knowledge and attributes will enable you to deliver the key result areas (refer to the Role Description) and perform the role successfully.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing October 2021
Position Tenure: Continuing
Weeks Worked: Up to 52 weeks per year including school holidays
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term):
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 3 days/week (22.8 hours/week) - Thurs (not negotiable) with other days negotiable
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Speech Pathologist Salary Scale - $73,267 to $100,185 per annum (pro rata) plus Superannuation
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Mr Sonny Smith
Contact Telephone Number: 07 34323400
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 26-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education