Brisbane Catholic EducationSalisbury
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Start date: February 2021
About the role
As a member of our school team, you will work collaboratively to provide a range of speech pathology services that promote and support effective inclusive practice. The support you provide will be responsive to our school’s context, maintain a student-specific focus, and complement services provided through Brisbane Catholic Education’s School Services.
St Pius X Primary School is situated in Salisbury, an inner southern suburb of Brisbane. We are a co-educational school with an approximate enrolment of 158 students. We seek to provide an inclusive, nurturing environment to maximise the potential of each student within the Catholic context. St Pius X is committed to strive for the highest standard of education in all areas of the curriculum. The school is equipped to meet the changing needs of modern life in the 21st century. Support Teachers.
Visit our school website here
- Develop, implement and evaluate speech pathology services to promote student communication, learning and well-being outcomes
- Optimise the quality of service outcomes in partnership with the school community
- Maintain standards of practice and competencies consistent with Speech Pathology Australia and BCE policies and guidelines>/span>
Qualifications & Registration
- Speech Pathology qualifications
- Blue Card or QCT registration
Skills & Experience
- Clinical competence in differential diagnosis and intervention for children/adolescents with communication difficulties and the capacity to effectively apply this knowledge and expertise within the educational or other organisational contexts.
- Experience working within educational environments
- Experience working collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams
- Problem solving skills
- Communication and networking skills
The successful applicant will receive:
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Please submit your application online summarising your suitability for the role and demonstrate how your skills, knowledge and attributes will enable you to deliver the key results (refer to the Role Description) areas and perform the role successfully.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing February 2021
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 2021 School Year
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 1 day/wk (7.6 hrs/wk) - preferably Wednesday
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Speech Pathologist Salary Scale - $71,479 to $97,741 (pro rata) per annum plus Super
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Helen Boevink
Contact Telephone Number: 3274 1706
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org