SILS is an alternative education school for secondary aged learners who are out of mainstream school because of social, emotional, behaviour and / or mental health needs (SEMH).
Every member of the SILS community is valued, and our ideal candidate for this position will have strong experience of motivating and engaging learners who may have additional needs, or may be disengaged from learning.
We are a ‘Good School’; and our ‘staff work collaboratively to give every student the chance to succeed’ (Ofsted 2015).
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and innovative sports instructor to:
• lead the delivery of physical education, sports and health & fitness across the school
• lead the delivery of a curriculum which enables full participation, engagement and enjoyment
• enhance the sports curriculum offer through partnerships with external organisations
• promote health & fitness, and healthy lifestyle across the school community
• contribute to the raising of standards and achievement of improved outcomes for our learners
We expect that the successful candidate will have a specialist sports qualification and a record of achieving high standards. In addition, the candidate must have experience of working in a secondary mainstream or alternative education setting.
If you think you can make a difference to the lives of our young people and you are willing to work across our two sites, then we would like to hear from you. Informal visits are welcome.
To arrange please contact Carol Hepper, Business Manager on 020 7525 1150 or email email@example.com
Information about the school and an application form can be obtained from the school's website at www.silsschools.org under Job Vacancies
Closing date: Friday 22nd June 2018, 12 noon
Interviews: Thursday 28th June 2018
SILS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.