CAPA College (Creative & Performing Arts College) is Yorkshire's newest and most exciting post-16 education institution. Since opening its doors as Wakefield's first DfE-funded Free School in September 2018 within Enhance Academy Trust, CAPA College has already established itself as one of the leading Arts education providers in the North of England; and this is your opportunity to join our award-winning team.
This is a very exciting time as CAPA College prepares to implement the next stage of it's development. CAPA College is currently renting temporary accommodation but will move to its new, permanent home on Mulberry Way (opposite Wakefield Westgate train station) in Summer 2020. This purpose-built, multi million pound facility will enable CAPA College to expand it's cohort from 105 students to 250 students per year group as well as offering more performance and learning opportunities, new course pathways, increased staffing, exceptional resources and better outreach with the local community.
Are you excited by the opportunity to be part of CAPA College as it becomes a flagship for Arts Education in the North?
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Provide low level and preventative mental health and wellbeing support to students aged 16-19
- Take a lead role in ensuring that students with physical and mental health conditions are properly supported within College so that they can play a full and active role in college life, remain healthy and achieve their full potential
- Work closely with parents, teaching staff, support staff and other external agencies
- Make a meaningful and fulfilling contribution to one of the top post-16 Arts Colleges
Successful candidates will have:
- A qualification in nursing and/or mental health and/or working with children and young people, such as: social work, psychology or counselling or equivalent NVQ4 in children, young people or families, social care or mental health
- Experience of working with young people or young adults with mental health and wellbeing needs
- An understanding of issues from a student and college perspective
- An understanding of the various barriers to learning, particularly mental health and wellbeing
In return we will offer you:
- An opportunity to make your mark in an outstanding brand new college that is a flagship for arts education in the North of England.
- A professional and supportive team.
- A fast-paced, exciting and highly creative work environment.
If you have the skills and qualities to make a real difference to the health and wellbeing of young people and want to make a meaningful and fulfilling contribution to one of the UK's top post-16 Arts colleges then we have the role for you
For further information please check out our website www.capacollege.co.uk or e-mail email@example.com
Closing Date: Mid-day Monday 15th July 2019
Interview Date Monday 22nd July 2019