School 21 is a pioneering 4-18 school in Stratford, East London that has a growing reputation for innovation and excellence. We are building a great team of people who are innovative, practical and determined to deliver for our children.
We are looking to recruit Student Support Coaches to work with students primarily in our middle school (Years 5-8) but with some work in our secondary school (Years 9-11). The ideal candidates will be passionate about providing pastoral care and enjoy supporting, facilitating and coaching some of our hardest to reach students so they can achieve great outcomes. Our approach to student conduct and well-being is about helping children reflect on their actions, providing opportunities for them to restore with adults and children when things go wrong and building from our values of responsibility and humanity.
- To work closely with teachers and the Year Group/Phase Leaders to create and implement individual plans to support more vulnerable and challenging students
- Deliver and monitor the impact of pastoral interventions, including learning support
- Set and review targets for students
- Open dialogue with families to work collaboratively to best support students
- Support teachers with strategies to best engage vulnerable or challenging learners in the classroom
- Build relationships with students and families
- Ensure incidents are logged and that records are kept up to date
- Attend meetings and reviews with parents / carers and Year Group/ Phase Leaders and SLT
- Work collaboratively with pastoral teams across the school
- Oversee and supervise the Reset Room (a place where students go to reflect if things go wrong) as timetabled
- Be available to action ‘on call’ requests and ‘parking’ as required
- Keeping up to date on resources, training and current information externally regarding pastoral practice
- Support break and lunchtime duties
This will suit someone who is:
- Passionate about maximising outcomes for all students, no matter their starting point, personal circumstances, or background
- Able to provide calm consistency and support when students are in times of high need or crisis
- Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances which may occur each day
- Organised and able to work systematically to ensure data is robust and up to date
School 21 has built strong foundations in a short period of time, confirmed by our recent Ofsted which was outstanding in all categories. There was strong recognition for the ethos and approach of the school:
"Pupils across the school make exceptional progress."
“Staff morale is exceptionally high. Teachers at the early stages of their career value the ‘fantastic’ professional development and opportunities to learn from each other. Those with more experience said that they have become much better teachers since joining the school.”
"Pupils have excellent attitudes to learning, impeccable manners and show respect for everyone.”
Through project-based learning "pupils achieve remarkable standards of work and demonstrated knowledge and skills at levels beyond those expected for their age group."
“Pupils talk and discuss with a maturity and confidence that is remarkable for their years."
For more information see: www.school21.org.uk or e-mail Anne Shaker at email@example.com or call 020 8262 2121.
To apply please visit the careers pages at www.school21.org.uk
Please Note: - This is term time only (39 weeks plus 2 additional weeks - 41 weeks))
Apply by: 9am on Monday, 24th June 2019
Likely interview date: Friday, 28th June 2019
School 21 is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding children.