Term time only • 37 hours per week, 39 weeks pa
Bourne End Academy is an ambitious school, defined equally by its high academic aspirations as for its warmth and inclusivity. The school provides a good all round education for our students. We have gone through a period of significant and positive change, as our 2017 results show, to ensure the school has a track record of achieving consistently good academic outcomes for all. We are located in Bourne End, Buckinghamshire, and situated close to direct transport links into London.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Student Support Officer to our academy. You will play an active role in managing the behaviour and pastoral well-being of our students and help them to manage their own responses on a day-to-day basis. You will provide care, support, guidance, discipline and encouragement to the students in our care. You will be integral in implementing ongoing behavioural interventions, ensuring effective communication is maintained throughout the academy.
The successful candidate will:
• Be strong with behaviour management ensuring calm in the Student Support Base
• Have strong communication skills
• Be able to support teaching staff by providing pastoral expertise and advice as and when required
• Be able to work well as part of a team, working alongside and in support of Heads of Year and other key members of the academy’s pastoral care team
• Have experience of and commitment to working with young people with emotional difficulties or challenging behaviour
• Have experience of working with children with additional needs
• Have experience of supporting students with medical and/or safeguarding needs
• Have some knowledge of effective intervention programmes and the use of restorative practices
• Be able to prepare documentation for liaising with other stakeholders involved in the pastoral care of students both within and outside the academy
• Have strong organisation and administration skills
Applicants need to complete an application form and send in a covering letter.
For full details and an application form, please visit our website www.bea.bucks.sch.uk or contact Lucy Gibbons firstname.lastname@example.org (PA to the Headteacher). Enquiries and informal visits are welcomed.
Closing date: Noon, Tuesday 17 July 2018.
Bourne End Academy is committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this. A clear enhanced DBS is required