To co-ordinate, develop and implement strategies to improve student attendance, engage with parents and attend CAF/Safeguarding and Child Protection meetings.
This role also includes line management responsibility for a team of support staff.
You will either be DSL trained or willing to undertake DSL training to enable you to work alongside our current DSL team.
You will encourage and motivate students to improve attendance and develop a positive approach to learning. As well as excellent communication skills you should ideally have knowledge of external agencies, the CAF process and safeguarding procedures.
Successful applicants will have:
• experience of supporting young people 11-19 years and experience of working with students/families in breaking down barriers to education
• experience of managing staff
The role requires diplomacy, understanding of vulnerable students and an ability to resolve conflict in a calm and rational manner.
We can offer you:
• The full support of an experienced professional team of staff
• Well established protocols and systems with supervision
• Continuing Professional Development and training to support you in your work
• The opportunity to work in this innovative and forward thinking Multi-Academy Trust in an attractive, state-of-the-art new building
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for the role.
Closing Date: Friday 26th January 2018