We are seeking a Student Welfare Worker to contribute to the overall Vision, Mission and Values of our school. The position's specific focus is supporting the school team in implementing our student and family engage strategies. You will carry out a broad range of activities with students and staff.
The role of the Student Welfare Worker is to:
• contribute to the overall Vision, Mission and Values of the school, with a specific focus on supporting the school team in implementing our student and family engage strategies, such as Positive Behaviour for Learning and ReBoot
• work closely with others to promote Student Voice, wellbeing and emotional resilience, positive relationships, and a sense of connecting and belonging
• work closely with students and staff using consistent and evidence-based support processes to improve student mental health and well-being
St Mary's School, is situated in the town of Beaudesert. We are a co-educational primary school with a current enrolment of approximately 350 students. Our school offers the latest in teaching and learning, technology and extra curricular activities. We are a high quality, inclusive Catholic School offering our students a rounded education that supports personal growth based on Christian values. We encourage our students to develop a knowledge of other cultures, environmental and social issues.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: February 2020
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 2020 School Year
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 8 hours/week (days negotiable)
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 5 - $31.91 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Kevin Billion
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5541 2005
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Role Description - Student Welfare Worker Opens in new window