We are looking for an outstanding Student Wellbeing and Attendance Officer to support our students, including those who are vulnerable or 'at risk'.
Harris Academy Sutton will open in September 2018 as a brand new, state-of-the-art 11-18 co-educational academy in the heart of Sutton. With a Specialism in Science, the Academy will collaborate closely with its neighbours on the London Cancer Hub site: the Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden Hospital. These represent two world-class organisations and together with the new six-form entry Academy they will form a campus community with research buildings, hospital facilities, and a reputation for excellence in the fields of research and medical provision.
The Academy will offer a broad and balanced curriculum to the young people of Sutton: the Campus itself will provide a focal point for talented scientists and clinicians by establishing world class facilities to not only attract top researchers but also to educate the life science workforce of the future. This is a unique opportunity for dynamic, motivated professionals to be part of the team helping to shape what will become the leading science educational establishment in London.
We are looking for a professional who:
- Will support the students and families at the centre of our community
- Understands the need for discretion
- Is highly committed to the academy ethos
- Is capable of being flexible, working to their own initiative and can get things done
- Is a good communicator, able to work with all stakeholders within the academy and community
- Is committed to the highest achievement for all and be a resourceful and enthusiastic supporter of education.
This is a demanding and exciting role which is about ensuring the ambitious vision for Harris Academy Sutton becomes a reality. You will be working as part of a leading team focused on developing a dynamic and inspirational vision of education, and implementation of this vision leading to the creation of an outstanding academy which is recognised nationally and internationally for excellence.
We are looking for an outstanding person who can be a key player in developing an exceptional academy: someone with the ability to help build the commitment of all stake-holders to a culture of constant excellence that will put learning first and ultimately ensure all our students benefit from an outstanding education.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Academy Sutton?
- The opportunity to be part of the founding team of an Academy with the highest of expectations and ambitions for its staff and students
- Unrivalled potential for personal and professional development as the Academy grows
- An innovative, inclusive and happy environment in which to teach and learn, promoting academic achievement across the curriculum and encouraging participation in extra- curricular activities
- All the advantages of a highly successful Academy group including strong central support, outstanding CPD opportunities through the Harris Teaching School Alliance, and a generous benefits and rewards package
For more information, or to arrange a confidential discussion with the Principal, please call the Head of Recruitment on 0208 253 7777.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.