Study Support Assistant
Reference Number: SCCG2008
Salary: Starting salary £17,699 per annum with incremental progression to £20,132
(A pro rata amount of £19,970 to £22,715)
Advert Closing Date: Monday 16th September 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing 16th September 2019
Location: Eccles Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Term Time Only Permanent
Hours per Week: 37
We require a highly motivated individual to provide in-class support to students with a variety of needs, including support with difficulties/disabilities, literacy, numeracy and language. You will also provide emotional support and encourage participation in the learning environment.
As a Study Support Assistant you will support students studying a diverse range of subjects and may be required to work across the colleges different centres within the SCC group.
You will work alongside classroom tutors to break down barriers and ensure that learners are able to access the curriculum and reach their full potential. You will have an understanding of the issues facing young people with barriers to their learning,
You should have some previous experience in support and be able to demonstrate a good standard of English, Maths and IT.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information, please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reason to Join Us:
• A range of developmental & career opportunities
• A number of optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes including IT Equipment, Childcare Vouchers & Bikes
• Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and fabulous savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling via CareFirst and health cash plans
• Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.