Established in 2004 and licensed by the Vietnamese Government, Vietnam Australia International School (VAS) is a private school group with the national education system offering K-12 education programmes. At present, VAS is offering educational services to more than 7,200 students from K through 12 at 9 campuses in Ho Chi Minh City.
VAS has successfully implemented the two study pathways for its students, including: (1) the National Education Programme combined with the Cambridge Academic Programme (CAP) and (2) the National Education Programme combined with the Cambridge English Programme (CEP). Both study pathways are benchmarked with internationally and nationally recognized qualifications/certifications and carefully designed to suit students in Vietnam.
VAS welcomes interests and application from qualified experienced and enthusiastic teachers to share our vision.
Vietnam Australia International School (VAS), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam is looking for ICT Subject Department Head with at least 2 years (full academic year) experience in the same position at an international or bilingual school; Cambridge International Curriculum experience is preferred. Candidates should come from a professional background of Bachelor degree or higher in education, or a relevant teaching subject, along with a valid teaching qualification.
Reporting to the Director of Studies, the Subject Department Head, ICT is responsible for the followings
A/ General Responsibilities
· Ensures a common ICT subject curriculum frame work / outline with clear student learning outcomes for the subject in charge is provided timely and consistently to all campuses in the system
· Provides a consistent frame work of standards, procedures and policies in such matters as homework, testing & exams; student assessment & reporting, teacher observation & evaluation, etc. in all VAS’s campuses pertaining to ICT subject; physically participates in the performance evaluation process for all ICT teachers together with other respective Cluster Heads
· Coordinates the staff development / training needs and plans for all ICT teachers; delivers staff training and professional development programmes as agreed for the entire system
· Works hand in hand with the Central Academic Management Team and all Cluster School Directors to continually evaluate existing frame work and practices; initiates and executes continued improvement in curriculum and teaching methods / practices to improve the student overall achievement in ICT subject in all VAS’s campuses
B/ Teaching and learning
· Works hand-in-hand with the Cluster Heads at respective campuses to co-ordinate and oversee the teaching and learning activities of the designated department to ensure adherence to achievement of the subject specific curriculum’s objectives across all VAS’s campuses
· Leads the subject staff in the teaching of the subject, and provides a role model for high quality teaching and learning in the subject
· Ensures that examinations or other suitable methods of assessment are devised and applied at appropriate times. To ensure that all tests, examinations and assessments are based on the Department's specification and marked according to the school’s and CIE’s standards
· Initiates and, where appropriate, organizes curricular, extra-curricular and educational enhancement activities related to the subject
· Monitors and evaluates the teaching and learning offered by the subject staff, and takes appropriate action to improve further the quality of teaching and learning
· Take up to 25% sub-teaching load as and when required
· Designs and conducts in-house professional development programmes/courses for teachers in the ICT Department
· Undertakes the class observation and supervise the performance of all the secondary Science subject teachers and ensures they meet the expected performance indicators; conduct the performance appraisal of the teachers together with the respective Cluster Heads of Secondary, following the agreed school-wide policy and KPIs (key performance indicators); supervises
· Plays a mentor role to teachers and undertakes staff disciplinary measures / grievances where appropriate together with the respective Cluster Heads
· Participates in the selection and recruitment of teachers of the Department together with the respective Cluster Heads
Benefits package includes competitive salary, monthly housing allowance, responsibility allowance, medical insurance, paid school holidays, tuition exemption for up to two children, flight reimbursement, visa reimbursement, settling-in allowance and retention benefits. Initial contract is two year starting between March 5, 2018 - July 26, 2018.
E-mail your CV directly to: email@example.com with a relevant position in the subject line providing a full resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, references (3+) and passport