An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated professional to lead our very successful Mathematics and IT Team in Hampshire’s first, all-through school. We are particularly proud of the excellent progress our pupils make and are looking for an outstanding practitioner to join our team. The successful candidate will be a strong teacher as well as a team player who is passionate about leading the teaching of Computing.
The Westgate School has a strong academic tradition where pupils excel because of the exceptional partnership for learning that exists between pupils and adults in our school community.
• To be passionate about enabling all pupils to make good progress in their learning;
• To be able to support the team in implementing changes to the GCSE Curriculum and assessment;
• To lead new initiatives and pedagogies which will continue to improve the teaching and learning in Computing at KS4 and Digital Studies in KS3;
• To support colleagues by developing a culture of learning from each other and sharing good practice;
• To promote the subject by celebrating pupils’ success and organising enrichment activities;
• To support team leaders with the analysis of pupil progress and use it to improve teaching and learning.
The Westgate School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to a d Disclosure and barring Check as well as other relevant pre-employment checks.
The Westgate School has a Health & Fitness Suite and an on-site, full time day nursery (0-5 years) available to staff.
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Application forms can be obtained from www.westgate.hants.sch.uk or contact HR on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 23rd April
Interview date: Friday 27th April