PRIORY SCHOOL, LEWES, EAST SUSSEX MIXED 11-16 COMPREHENSIVE SUBJECT LEADER, DRAMA (Maternity Cover)
Teachers Pay Scale plus TLR 2b
Required from May 2018
Priory is a very successful school with an excellent reputation. The school is consistently oversubscribed yet has a genuinely comprehensive intake.
The Governors of this successful school seek to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic full-time Subject Leader for Drama on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave, to start in May 2018. The salary for this role is Teachers Pay Scale plus TLR 2b.
The key responsibilities include:
High quality teaching and learning
- Model enthusiasm, creativity and high expectations of the subject through own practice. Experience in the new AQA specification at GCSE level is desirable.
- Deliver high-quality lessons from existing schemes of work ensuring consistency within the department
- Set appropriate homework regularly to all classes
- Assess, record, track and report student progress using data to track student progression in line with progress 8 across all Drama lessons
Leadership and management of department
- Use curriculum meeting and department meeting times to communicate fully with staff.
- Ensure consistency of teaching through shared lesson plans and less on drop-ins.
- Ensure consistency of marking and assessment through book scrutiny and assessment evidence.
- Strive for personal and professional development through active involvement in the school’s appraisal system and performance management procedures
- Adhere to safe working practices ensuring relevant aspects of the school’s Health & Safety policy are implemented.
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people • Be a Form Tutor under the direction of the Head of House, taking responsibility for the academic and pastoral welfare and progress of the students in a tutor group
- Ensure effective use of the department budget, ordering stationery & equipment
Strategic direction and development of the subject
- Manage and develop resources for the department in line with schemes of work Maintain and review reporting procedures in-line with whole school approaches.
- Communicate data with the department, curriculum leader and the school governors.
- Monitor KS4 progression in-line with year 1 of the new GCSE specification.
- Ensure curriculum development changes in-line with whole school policies.
- Maintain the positive profile of VPAs across the school and local community
- Ensure positive and stimulating learning environments across the VPA area
- Be a Form Tutor under the direction of the Head of House, taking responsibility for the academic and pastoral welfare and progress of the students in a tutor group
- Organise whole school performance.
- Lead theatre trips for KS3 and KS4
- Liaise with other VPA departments at curriculum meetings to ensure consistency.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00 a.m. Thursday, 15 March 2018
Interview date: week commencing, 19 March 2018
Full details of the post and an application form can be downloaded directly from our school website under ‘vacancies’ at www.priory.e-sussex.sch.uk
They are also available from Personnel at Priory School, Mountfield Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2XN. Telephone: 01273 476231 extension 211 or email: email@example.com
Application forms to be returned to the Personnel Officer at the above address or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if you have not received a response within 3 weeks of the closing date then we regret that your application has not been successful.
East Sussex County Council is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake, or currently hold, a DBS enhanced clearance for this authority.