Subject Leader - History
MPR/UPR TLR 2B (£4443)
Required for September 2018
We are looking to recruit an inspirational and talented teacher to lead our History department and take it to the next level of successful performance.
Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is part of the Maltby Learning Trust, a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work. The Academy joined the Trust in April 2017 and staff and students are benefitting from the opportunities presented by working in a locality based Multi-Academy Trust.
The person appointed will be an excellent practitioner in History, across all age ranges and abilities.
The post will provide an excellent opportunity for an ambitious teacher, with proven examination experience, to step into middle leadership and develop alongside other talented leaders within a strong leadership framework.
The successful candidate will be:
- An exceptional classroom teacher with high expectations of all learners
- Able to inspire and enthuse young people
- Committed to raising standards for all
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
In return we will offer:
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
- Purpose built learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
- Access to a package of high quality ‘Personalised Learning and Development’
- Strong professional networks within and beyond the Trust
- Excellent career development opportunities
Informal discussions about the role and a visit to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Nichola Winder on 01709 864100 to make an appointment to visit on Wednesday 21 February between 4 and 5 pm.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website www.stwacademy.com
Completed applications, including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date have prepared you for this role, should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Principal, and sent to Mrs Nichola Winder at email@example.com or to the Academy address: Tait Avenue, Edlington, Doncaster, DN12 1HH
Closing Date: Friday 23 February 2018 at 9am
Interviews: Tuesday 27 February 2018
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children | An Equal Opportunities Employer