Subject Leader in Humanities (History Specialist)
Required from September 2019
Salary – MPS / UPR
TLR 2c £6645
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Subject Leader of Humanities to join our dedicated and hardworking department, which comprises the History and Geography team. The successful candidate will be required to teach History to all abilities in KS3 and KS4. We are looking for a candidate who will motivate, challenge and inspire students to be the best that they can be. Someone who is enthusiastic, resourceful, has high expectations and is committed to the distinctive ethos of our school.
This is an exciting time to join St. Anne’s as we continue to develop strategies to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
As the Subject Leader of Humanities, you will be fundamental in delivering:
• A diverse curriculum personalised to all students of all backgrounds and abilities.
• Teaching and learning that challenges, inspires and fulfils students’ aspirations and career prospects; fostering a genuine love for History and Geography.
• A climate of high aspirations centred around wellbeing, commitment to our students and dedication.
• Be passionate about History and Geography
• Work collaboratively alongside other members of the Humanities department to ensure that schemes of learning provides a curriculum that develops knowledge and skills and a love of the subject
• Be passionate about providing extra-curricular activities, including overseas trips, which support the learning of the Humanity subjects
• Communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
• Raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of all students regardless of ability
• Be a team player and go the extra mile to uphold school values
The successful candidate will also benefit from:
• A supportive and nurturing environment that provides high quality, professional, developmental experiences and opportunities.
St. Anne’s is on an exciting journey and we are seeing rapid improvements in all aspects of our school life including the attendance and outcomes of our students. We are striving for improvement and are reaping the benefits already of the changes we are implementing in our school.
If you are excited by challenge, can work effectively as part of a team and are dedicated to making a tangible difference to the lives of the young people with whom you work, then your application will be warmly welcomed.
Our strong Catholic Ethos at St Anne’s means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
On behalf of our students, thank you for your interest in our school.
For details of the post and an Application Pack please contact Mrs Sue Swire, PA to the Headteacher on 0161 432 8162, Option 6 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 25th April 2019 (noon)