Subject Leader of RE
Start date: September 2021
Salary: Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale (Suitable for NQTs) + TLR
More now so than ever we need to develop young people who are worldly wise, understanding and accepting of all others, and confident to have their own informed opinions. If you’d love to work with teachers who share your passion for education, then you’ve just found the job for you.
You will join a close knit Humanities team that are achieving special things, with GCSE results well above National, and one that is at the forefront of provision. The subject of RE is one we are passionate about and has a long standing reputation in the school. Non-examined RE throughout all 5 year groups is strong, purposeful and well regarded, and the GCSE course is popular and successful. You with have strong links with colleagues across Hampshire, and throughout the Bohunt Education Trust group of schools, where collaboration is a real strength.
If you can:
• Inspire and innovate
• Nurture and develop (yourself as well as others)
• Commit to, and raise further, high achievement and motivation
• Optimise RE and PSHE learning for all
Then come and see us. We are looking for potential as much as experience so we welcome applications from ITTs. In return we can offer:
• A supportive learning environment with a team that will make you think everyday
• The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of our young people
• Happy and enthusiastic students who want to learn in our amazing school
• The benefit of being part of a multi-academy trust offering the support of experienced colleagues across our schools and greater opportunities for career progression
• Significant investment in your professional development, recognised by Hampshire with its top award for NQT provision
The role is suitable for a teacher with experience, but we also look for potential just as much, so please do get in touch if you wish to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 19th May 2021 12 (noon)
Interviews will be held shortly after this date and are likely to be based in school in line with our current, robust COVID control measures.
Bohunt Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and other relevant pre-employment checks.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
The Costello School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
At Costello we believe that every child deserves the very best education and challenge the idea that social context should be a barrier to their academic success. We exist first and foremost to improve the life chances of young people ...