Salary Grade: MPS (plus TLR 2a for suitable candidate)
Salary Band: £25,714 - £36,961 per annum (plus TLR 2a)
Location: The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
Contract Type: All Year Round
Contract Term: Fixed Term (Sept 2021 - Aug 2022)
Closing Date: Sunday 30th May 2021
Interview Date: On application
Hours: Full Time
Start: September 2021
Please note: Candidates will be interviewed as applications are received. Should a suitable applicant be identified, we may close the vacancy early.
About the opportunity:
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, innovative and creative teacher of French. The post offers the opportunity to teach languages across the age and ability range from 11 to 18. The ideal candidate must have a real passion for languages and have the ability to communicate a love of languages to all students. We currently offer French, German and Spanish. The successful candidate should possess strong communication skills and be an effective classroom teacher who can demonstrate the ability to raise achievement of all students. The ability to teach all three languages is desirable but not essential, but ideally we are looking for someone with the ability to teach French to GCSE & A level.
A TLR 2a is available for the right candidate.
Opportunities to develop enrichment activities and to broaden the scope of language provision would be available.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is committed to ‘Inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1650 students, 230 of which are Sixth Form. The school lies just south of the M4 between junctions 15 & 16, and within easy travelling distance of Bath, Bristol and Reading. The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is part of The White Horse Federation Multi-Academy Trust.
The successful candidate will be:
• A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom.
• Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students.
• Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
• Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
• Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
• Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
• A role model for our students and staff.
We Can Offer You:
• A good school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
• An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
• A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
• Excellent care and support for all staff.
• Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
• A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
• Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
Are you looking to move into the area?
It's an exciting prospect to be moving into Swindon. To help you with your search whether you are looking to buy or rent, www.rightmove.co.uk has the latest on properties for you to consider! If you would like to learn more about Swindon please visit - https://www.visitwiltshire.co.uk/towns-and-villages/swindon-p1501903
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us:
The WHF is a Multi-Academy Trust which supports Primary, Secondary and Special schools in the south of England. At its heart is a belief that we want to develop the type of schools that we would be proud to send our own children to. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence blended with a shared moral purpose and shared values. We genuinely believe in partnership working with our schools, the students and their parents and the wider community each serves to create the best possible outcomes for our children.
We also believe that our colleagues are among the finest in the country and we are proud to empower them through support, training and career opportunities. With such outstanding staff we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
TWHF has an absolute commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS. The Trust values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
TWHF recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team which reflects diversity from the communities it serves. TWHF values the contributions from all staff from a wide range of different backgrounds and actively seeks to promote an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance. Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, TWHF welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process which is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College has 1560 students, 200 of whom are in the Sixth Form. The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is a coeducational secondary school and sixth form with academy status, located in Wroughton.