The College seeks to appoint an enthusiastic and well-qualified graduate able to teach both Drama and Theatre Studies and Performing Arts in a highly successful curriculum area.
Drama and Theatre and Performing Arts are taught by a team of 6 specialists
Key strengths are:
- Achievement of high grades with outstanding quality of performance work;
- Outstanding teaching by a team of experienced and motivated staff;
- Exceptional levels of support for students both inside and outside of lessons;
- Innovative use of IT to promote learning embedded as a regular part of normal teaching.
The Curriculum Area of Drama and Theatre Studies and Performing Arts
We currently offer a fully linear, G.C.E course following the Eduqas specification and the Btec Subsidiary Diploma in Performing Arts.
The Post of Drama and Theatre Studies and Performing Arts Tutor
We are looking for a teacher who displays the following characteristics:
- A thoughtful and self-reflective approach to pedagogy;
- A desire to be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- A passion for the subject;
- Ability to teach Drama and contribute to a fully rounded Musical Theatre provision
- Excellent subject knowledge and a desire to build on this; and an
- Enthusiasm for working with 16-19 year old students.
We seek to appoint an outstanding classroom teacher who will stimulate students’ interest and enthusiasm in their study of Drama and Theatre Studies and Performing Arts. You will be expected to teach both Year 1 and 2 students and should be capable of delivering the subjects to a wide range of student abilities. It would be an advantage if you are able to teach aspects of singing and Musical Theatre as part of a vocational, Performing Arts provision as well as Drama.
In addition we are looking for a candidate who recognises the critical importance of developing our students’ literacy and numeracy skills and will implement this as an integral part of their teaching.
Candidates will be part of a team where resources and ideas are freely shared for the greater good of the department. The successful applicant is expected to be flexible, not afraid to meet challenges, and innovative in their approach to curriculum delivery.
How do we support you?
As a new member of staff you will receive plenty of support from your colleagues both from the department and from the wider college community.
This will include:
- a mentor to help you through the first year (in particular);
- support from your curriculum manager and Director of Faculty; and
- an extensive programme for all new staff to help induct you into College life as well as to develop your approach to teaching
For graduates we will organise and fund a teaching qualification – usually a PGCE – a saving for most graduates of at least £9,000. In addition we offer Qualified Teacher Status (i.e. completion of the statutory induction period) through Hampshire Local Authority and in partnership with one of our local schools.
We regard our staff as our most important resource and will do our utmost to support you throughout your time at the College.
Why should you join us?
We are an outstanding provider of post-16 education and in 2016 the results gained by our students placed the College in the top 10% of providers nationally. The value added score that we achieved for A level was among the best in the Country - In the context of a Success Rate of 97.2% and the highest number of A level entries of any college nationally, this remains a phenomenal achievement of which we are incredibly proud.
If you are motivated by a challenge and feel you could support us to achieve even greater results in 2018, this is the right College for you. It is a truly great place to work and you can find out more by watching the ‘Working at The Sixth Form College Farnborough’ video on our website.
To apply, please complete the attached application forms and email to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday, 14 December 2018
Interviews will be held in January 2019.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants. However, all disabled applicants who meet our minimum criteria will be invited for interview.
The College has an uncompromising commitment to the safeguarding of our students.