Are you a passionate, innovative and inspiring Support Worker wanting to make a difference to the lives of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)? Are you somebody who is wanting to provide a unique learning experience for children with specialist needs in a learning environment? If yes, then Vision for Education want to hear from you today!
We are actively recruiting innovative and inspiring Support Workers to support students in specialist classroom settings in Cambridge and the surrounding areas.
Your role would involve you being flexible with when you can work, adaptable and hitting the ground running in learning environments that are sometimes challenging. You would be expected to provide a level of attention appropriate to individual pupil's needs and be able to modify you approach to ensure that desired learning outcomes are achieved in class. You will act as a Teaching Assistant and Learning Support in the classroom, and be expected to encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning and promote all areas of their development.
Individuals with a Support Worker and Care background, as well as those with a Teaching Assistant qualification (Level 2/3) would be ideal for this role. This position would initially be on a supply/temporary basis with the possibility of becoming a long term, permanent position if you are the right person for the school.
Applicants must also:
- Have experience of supporting individuals with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and complex medical and physical needs.
- Be able to hit the ground running and immerse themselves in the role.
- Hold or have undergone Moving and Handling training and be able to use hoists and be comfortable with assisting in feeding and personal care.
- Be able to work in work across Cambridge.
- Be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
- Hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
As an agency, Vision for Education offer our candidate a high quality service that includes:
- Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
- Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Recommend a Friend Scheme.
- Wages paid directly into bank account every week via PAYE (no umbrella company).
- We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
- If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please send us your CV today. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Peterborough Office on 01733 371371.