Senior Workshop Instructor Assessor – Multi-Trades
Do you have a passion for Multi-Trades? Are you adaptable with a flexible attitude? Would you enjoy passing on your skills to our students? If so, we have a great opportunity for you. Highbury College are looking for a Senior Workshop Instructor Assessor (SWIA) in Multi-Trades to teach and Programme Lead for the Multi-Trades courses which cover:
- Painting & Decorating
- Carpentry & Joinery
- General building skills
This role will be a mixture of classroom based delivery which will involve teaching the theory elements of the Multi-Trades courses as well as employability skills and the practical sessions in the workshops. You will work closely with the Team Leader and Job Coach between the Highbury Campus and Northarbour Campus. This role would suit someone with teaching experience who also has an understanding of pastoral care and experience of working with students with behavioural and social needs.
Highbury College offers extensive support to new staff including:
- Regular support and coaching throughout your first year
- A Mentor who will help you settle in to the College
- A thorough Induction programme
- Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
What we can offer you:
- A fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme where the College contributes around 19%
- 24 days annual leave per annum (plus Bank Holidays)
- An onsite canteen, hair and beauty salon and nursery
- An onsite sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme and access to an online discount website
The working environment:
- You will be working within a friendly and passionate team who are specialist experts and who enjoy passing their skills and knowledge onto our students
- You will be working for a Grade 1 outstanding College which has over 50 years of teaching and learning experience
For further information on this role, please download the Job Description.
The deadline for this vacancy is 14 October 2018.
Please note: If you require any additional support with the completion of your application please contact the HR department on 02392 328910 or email@example.com
Highbury College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The attached Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.