Al Khor International School is one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with over 4,000 students. We are owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
The System Administrator will be responsible for the operations support implementation, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of AKIS networks to ensure uninterrupted performance and availability of the network services at all times.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure the implementation of relevant department policies and procedures to ensure the delivery of a quality, cost-effective service to internal customers
• Create new accounts for users, delete accounts, reinitialize password accounts and specify responsibilities as per superior’s instructions and established policies and procedures.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure services, settings, directories, servers, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and business/operational requirements.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all server resources, systems and key processes to ensure system efficiency and reliability
• Perform core business solution maintenance in order to ensure consistent productivity of the applications and systems such as Active Directory, E-mail system, Proxy, security solution, etc.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Resolve issues with end users’ email, shared files and internal applications ensuring that these are adequately addressed and resolved.
• Assist in recommending projects that will ensure the continuity of operations (Inclusive of disaster recovery plans) in order to ensure uninterrupted operations at all times.
• Monitor the technical support provided by contractors/vendors and their representatives and maintain relations with them ensuring that they are providing AKIS with an efficient and effective service.
• Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented systems to enable all records and rationales of changes to be available for future reference.
• Prepare relevant statements and reports timely and accurately to meet departmental requirements, policies and standards.
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of services and systems taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, achievement of business objectives cost reduction and productivity improvement.
• Ensure all relevant safety, quality and environmental policies, procedures and controls are adhered to so that employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude can be guaranteed.
• 7-15 years of experience in system administration or similar position
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• MCIPT certification
This is a great opportunity to join an international school that is building on its already successful results and reputation, and is committed to becoming an outstanding school and centre of excellence in the region.
Compensation and Benefits:
Our excellent compensation package includes:
• A highly competitive tax free salary based on years of experience.
• Access to excellent leisure clubs, including restaurants, swimming pools, gymnasiums, squash and tennis courts, running track and playing fields.
• End of service benefits.
• High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
• Housing allowance or free accommodation.
• Furniture allowance
• Economy airfare at the beginning and end of the contract.
• Annual economy round-trip air fare paid as a flexible cash allowance to point of origin based on peak summer time fares.
• Reimbursement of local medical expenses.
• Contribution towards excess baggage expenses.
• Beautiful weather and year round sunshine!
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including references and police checks.
Recruitment Requirements: As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully notarized and attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts as well as criminal background checks.
Please note that due to government requirements we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years old.
How to Apply
To apply please send the following to email@example.com
• Completed AKIS application form
• Details of at least three referees, including their names, positions, current email addresses and phone number. One of your referees must be from your present school or employer. Referees should be your direct line manager.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 June 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.