Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 970 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
An opportunity exists for a forward thinking and dynamic IT professional who has the vision, energy and expertise to manage our IT infrastructure and the extensive range of IT software and hardware throughout the school. This position will commence as soon as possible.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Maintaining network infrastructure including switches, routing, firewalls, web-filtering and WiFi;
- Troubleshooting and fault fixing;
- Developing and managing the annual IT budget and controlling an asset register of all IT equipment;
- Developing and maintaining technology policies, procedural manuals and checklists;
- Experience and/or knowledge of web design;
- Liaising, where necessary, with external service providers;
- Management of in-house fault ticketing system;
- Supervision of IT Technician;
- All staff will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
A first degree in Information Technology or Computer Science;
At least 5 years of experience in a similar position, education sector experience is desirable;
Experience in developing and delivering in-house training on software and/or hardware;
Knowledge of SIMS and experience in managing active directory and Office 365 integration;
Ability to work independently and to successfully manage multiple priorities;
Ability to troubleshoot and fix user problems with hardware and software;
Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills in order to work with a range of end users within a busy environment.
Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.
For the position listed above applications will only be considered if submitted on the school’s relevant application form (available on the school website: www.cayprep.edu.ky) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications is: Friday, December 15th, 2017