Responsible to: Member of SLT
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £21,000 - £28,000 pro rata (depending on experience) this could increase for an exceptional candidate
Benefits Include: Flexi days off during term time, Private Health Care
Days and Hours: 37.5 hours per week, term time only plus three weeks (42 weeks)
To apply, please go to www.compass-schools.com to download the application form.
About the school
Compass School Southwark is a small school of around 50 staff and 350 students, which has big ambitions and is growing year on year. At Compass School we believe that “everyone in the Compass School Community will confidently reach the destination to which they aspire”. This applies to everyone, including our staff team. Our four values of aspiration, integrity, exploration and resilience are reflected in all areas of the school and our work.
The school is located on Drummond Road, Bermondsey, London, SE16 2BT. We are easily accessible with a number of train, tube and bus routes within a short walk of the school.
For further information about the school and the Trust, please go to www.compass-schools.com.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com or 0203 542 6506.
Compass Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding children and all appointments will require an enhanced DBS check.
We are now looking for a Systems & Data Officer who will be responsible for the school data systems and lead the examinations and assessment processes across the school.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the integrity and analysis of data, as well as the administration, organisation and smooth running of internal and external examinations. They will ensure the integrity and security of exams is maintained to the highest standard and be responsible for the delivery and management of student data.
Internal Systems Management
Manage the data processes and analyse relevant data in relation to internal assessments by:
- Maintaining the integrity of the school’s management information system.
- Arrange cover for teaching staff absences, contacting recruitment agencies where required and ensuring that timetables are therefore updated on the school MIS
- Record all staff absences on the school MIS
- Oversee the accurate collation of data to enable internal and external reporting obligations to be met in timely and accurate manner.
- Printing and producing reports plus any ad hoc requests from SLT
- Producing results analysis using SISRA and other software packages
- Assist with ensuring all data stored about students is kept accurate and up to date, as well as being accessible on a variety of media, (including VIVO miles, Show my homework, sQuid)
- Ensure that data for all secondary school admission data is collected and recorded in a timely manner
- Pro-active monitoring of attendance statistics to ensure that any changes are quickly and appropriately addressed.
- Co-ordinate and prepare student reports
- To use computerised management information system (Arbor/SIMS) and paper based filing system to enter, record and retrieve data, supply information in response to requests and make reports and returns required by a variety of different sources. A compilation of reports are required and strong Microsoft Excel proficiency is essential.
- Resolve day to day problems with Arbor/SIMS/Excel/Sisra and have the ability to deal sympathetically with colleagues who may have less advanced IT skills.
- Any other data task commensurate with the role.