The Governors of Blessed Trinity RC College are seeking to recruit a Level 2 Teaching Assistant with enthusiasm and willingness to work to provide one to one and group support for pupils.
Duties will include:
• Supporting the delivery of work
• Reinforcing learning and behaviour routines
• Encouraging full integration into class activities
• Fulfilling duties associated with areas of individual needs.
To be considered for this role you should be:
- Experienced or willing to undergo training
- Confident around children
Friendly and approachable
- Solid team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to work with children and their families in a sensitive and positive way
- Planning and organisational skills
- IT skills
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and will have a flexible approach to the tasks they undertake. The position will be ideally suited to someone with previous experience working within a busy school environment. As a busy, over-subscribed, 1,250 place 11-16 establishment. We have an amazing, purpose built school that opened in September 2010 enabling us to provide the very best teaching and learning opportunities within a bright, modern facility. The school is located in extensive grounds and provides a great place to work.
Situated close to Burnley Town Centre, the college benefits from easy access across the region by car, train and bus and is located just a two-minute drive from Junction 10 off the M65 and a short walk from Burnley Central Station which benefits from a recently opened direct train route from Manchester City Centre. If you feel you have the skills required, we look forward to hearing from you. If you would like to find out more about the position please contact Miss Joanne McCue, Operational Assistant Headteacher.