At Our Lady of Fatima Primary School, we strive to develop a faith learning Community with Christian atmosphere in which all members share in the Gospel values of trust, openness, caring joy, hope and love. The Our Lady of Fatima community emphasises an educational perspective that encourages the students to develop towards their potential within our caring environment. With a current enrolment of 184 students, we are a small single stream school close to the city with a diverse staff and student population. We are a very proud Josephite school and are committed to the sustainable practices in all areas of school life.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking a Teacher Aide to undertake a range of tasks in supporting the needs of students, under the direction of the teacher, in our Year 3 Class.
Duties include the general classroom support of students to support learning activities and engagement in the classroom.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience as a School Officer and/or hold a minimum a Cert 3 in Educational Support
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the work of a classroom
- A willingness to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to apply your skills in supporting students to achieve successful learning outcomes
A cover letter addressing the criteria outlined above, should be attached to Resume.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card prior to commencement; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 12 July 2021
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): Term 3 - 2021
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 4 days/week (19.2 hours/week) Monday to Thursday
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 2 - $28.16 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Damian Gambley
Contact Telephone Number: (07) 3275 1152
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 23-May-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education