Christ the King is a primary co-educational school with a current enrolment of 224 students. Our school provides an engaging educational program that suitably challenges students through contemporary teaching and learning, technology and extra-curricular activities. We are a high quality inclusive Catholic school offering an education that supports personal growth based on Christian values.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking a Teacher Aide to undertake a range of tasks in supporting the needs of students, under the direction of the teacher, in a Prep classroom.
• general classroom support;
• preparation of resources and learning materials;
• using technology to support learning activities; and
• administrative duties such as photocopying and filing.
Ideally you will have:
• previous experience as a Teacher Aide and/or hold a minimum a Cert 3 in Educational Support;
• proven communication and interpersonal skills;
• an understanding of the work of a school classrooms; and
• a willingness to work as part of a team.
You will also demonstrate an ability and initiative to apply your skills in supporting students to achieve successful learning outcomes.
A cover letter addressing the criteria outlined above, should be included with your application
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card prior to commencement; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 5 October 2021
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): Term 4 2021
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 12 hours per week - required to work Monday to Wednesday.
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 3 - $29.77 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Damien Sullivan
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3379 7872
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 22-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education