The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-public school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin. The entire school currently has 1900 students and hosts over 99 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section.
Currently we have a vacancy at Secondary School:Teacher & Subject Coordinator Mathematics
Starting date: 6 March 2019
The successful candidate will be able to inspire and motivate students and colleagues through their teaching and understanding of mathematics, as well as to lead the development and delivery of the curriculum in MYP 4 and 5 and in the DP.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a high quality degree in mathematics with a masters qualification in education
- substantial experience teaching MYP and DP, preferably at more than one level in the DP
- experience in creating new high quality units and assessment tasks
- experience in curriculum development and implementation
- experience mentoring teachers
- experience teaching applied mathematics: statistics and graph theory
- strong leadership skills
- good knowledge and understanding of using technology to improve students understanding of mathematics such as: Graphical display calculators, Geogebra, Desmos, etc.
We are a forward thinking school and therefore we invest in potential future leaders as well as excellent teachers. We expect from our teachers to be skilled in using digital tools for teaching (example: MacBook Air, Touch Screen boards and Ipads). The chosen candidate will be reflective and embrace opportunities for Continuous Professional Learning. An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, and details can be found on the ISH recruitment page.
Please note that only candidates with full teaching certification in Integrated Science and a valid teaching license in their home country will be considered for this role.
The closing date for applications is on the 19 December 2018. However, interviews will begin as soon as applications from suitable candidates are received. The International School of The Hague does not permit for this job advert to be shared via any other recruitment site.
Applicants are required to complete an online profile, provide a supporting statement, and upload a CV. Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we may contact referees prior to interview. If short-listed, interviews will be conducted by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location.
The International School of the Hague is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
All applicants must either be EU citizens or have a valid permit to work in The Netherlands.
What we offer
Please see our Primary School and Secondary School Recruitment Packages on our website and on TES under recruitment monitoring form.
In addition, we offer excellent professional development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by an amicable, sociable and thoroughly international team.
If you are internationally-minded and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would love to hear from you.
Please know that in order to work for us, you must be a fully qualified teacher in accordance with the standards required by the Dutch Education Authorities (DUO). Successful candidates require:
- For all applicants to ISH Primary, a Bachelors Degree will suffice to be considered. However, all ISH Secondary applicants will need a Bachelor plus a Masters Level qualification in Education.
- For applicants from the UK, you will have completed the PGCE and been awarded QTS plus successful completion of the NQT induction year.
- For all applicants to ISH Secondary, your qualifications at either Bachelor or Masters level must also clearly indicate the subject that you are applying to teach in, in order to be recognized by DUO.