This post is under represented in males. Applications from males are encouraged.
Applications from Gaelic speakers are encouraged.
Prior to confirming appointment, we will require successful candidates to become members of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme.
The council has a comprehensive relocation package which may be available to the successful candidate
Short listed applicants will normally be contacted by email, unless otherwise stated. Please check your emails regularly, including your junk/spam folder.
Subject to the policies of the school and the education authority the duties of
teachers, promoted and unpromoted, are to perform such tasks as the
Headteacher shall direct having reasonable regard to overall teacher
workload related to the following categories:-
- Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and
- Developing the school curriculum.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the work of pupils.
- Preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with their administration.
- Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their
- Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development.
- Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and
- Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
Closing date: 14/11/2018
Tongue Primary School, Tongue, Lairg