Role: Qualified Teacher at an alternative provision
Required for: September 2018
Pay Scale: MPS/UPS
Cockburn School would like to welcome a dynamic and inspirational teacher to join their team at Footsteps, their alternative provision for students with behavioural and social, emotional and mental health issues.
Footsteps is an alternative provision which is part of the South Area Inclusion Partnership located in South Leeds. We have twenty five students at our centre, all with behavioural and SEMH needs. Our main aim is to help them return to mainstream education or another alternative provision that would best meet their needs.
You will be joining a team of inclusive, supportive, positive and forward thinking individuals who strive to improve the quality of education for our students who are struggling to manage in mainstream school.
You will play a key role in creating a creative, learning focused culture, supporting an ethos which leads to high standards, a caring approach and a safe and happy environment.
We are looking for a teacher who:
· Is excited by their role and by the prospect of working with young people
· Loves the processes of learning and teaching and are keen to continually develop their own skills
· Will subscribe to the ethos of footsteps and go the extra mile in terms of time and commitment to get the very best from their students
· Will see break duty as an opportunity to talk to students
· Is quick to praise and slow to criticise
· Is innovative and highly motivated to inspire, enthuse, engage and challenge children.
· Is proven to have high expectations for behaviour, achievement and progress, with a real commitment to inclusion.
· Is dedicated to their own development and that of others, with a drive to ensure all children achieve their full potential
· Is able to build positive relationships with students, parent/carers, professionals and the staff team.
If you are excited by this opportunity please complete the attached application form and return to email@example.com or by post to Mr D Gurney, Cockburn School, Gipsy Lane, Leeds, LS11 5TT.
Closing date for this post is noon on 22nd May 2018.
If you require any further information regarding this post please contact Mrs Perry-Wrighton, Footsteps coordinator, by telephone on 0113 385 7910 or email