West SILC 4 Town Street,
Stanningley, Leeds, LS28 6HL
TEACHER required for September 2021:
(MS / UPR + SEN allowance minimum; permanent)
COMPLEX AND MULTIPLE LEARNING NEEDS (PMLD)
Farnley Academy Partnership Base (co-located)
Chapel Lane, Leeds LS12 5EU
Are you passionate about making a difference and facilitating outstanding learning for children and young people …
… who have the most complex special educational needs (PMLD) operating within the Engagement Framework?
Does the opportunity to plan and deliver an original, appropriate, person-centred curriculum excite you?
… who have moderate learning difficulties within a mainstream secondary setting with great inclusion opportunities for those functioning from year 1 primary expectations and above?
Does the opportunity to plan and deliver an original, genuinely differentiated curriculum excite you?
Do you want to feel valued as a member of our team and have your views and opinions effect positive change and growth?
We are seeking to recruit to the above posts - experienced, inspirational and creative teachers who want to make a difference. If you, like us, are passionate about improving the life chances of our young people, then this could be the right place for you. West SILC is a very successful all age generic special school.
You will offer us:
- Outstanding practice in relation to teaching children with PMLD
- Sound knowledge and understanding of developing an informal curriculum, delivering personalised outcomes, with a focus on the fundamentals of communication (Intensive Interaction) and functional mobility (MOVE)
- Sound understanding of complex health needs and their impact on learning.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High expectations of pupil achievement
- Excellent relationships with all pupils, families and staff
- A commitment to professional development
- Confidence, passion and enthusiasm
We will offer you:
- A welcoming school where the children enjoy learning, are positive and cheerful
- An excellent opportunity to make a difference at our school
- An inclusive school which strives to meet the needs of all children
- A team of dedicated and committed staff and Governors
- An experienced and supportive leadership and staff team
West SILC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for appointment to this post. The details of the DBS Code of Conduct can be found here:
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Despite Covid, we still think it is important for prospective candidates to visit, please contact the school office to make arrangements: Sarah Riley - 0113 2244090
Further information and application packs are available on line and can be returned to email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 20th May at 2.00pm
Interviews will be held: Week beginning 24th May
The above post is not a Leeds City Council vacancy and has been advertised on behalf of the relevant organisation. To apply please follow their application instructions.
West SILC (Specialist Inclusive Learning Centre)
- Special needs with state - community funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 19 years