We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified teacher to join our EYFS department for September 2018 to join a successful team of specialists within our multi-cultural International school.
Ghars International is a bilingual private school from FS1 to Year 6, delivering the English National Curriculum, alongside Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies (taught by Arabic teachers). The successful candidate will be a highly committed team player with the drive, energy and passion to develop Ghars International, which will open opportunities for internal promotion, as the school grows.
The successful candidate will join a stable and supportive staff and be responsible for planning high quality provision, showing independence and collaboration in equal measure.
In addition, the school has a strong and increasing commitment to delivering good quality CPD in order to ensure our teachers maintain their links to the UK curricular demands.
As a school we follow the English National Curriculum with an international flavor. In practice this means taking the best parts of it and adapting it to suit the needs of our diverse international intake. It also means developing a creative curriculum with children at its heart. As an all through school we rely far more on understanding the entire learning journey from 3-10, not merely focusing on the staging posts.
Muscat is the capital city and central focus of Oman. The city has a large proportion of expats and as a result is extremely diverse. Oman offers a warm, sunny climate throughout the year.
Applicants must be fluent English speaking, hold a relevant degree and teaching qualification and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of teaching in schools that follow a British curriculum. Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in Montessori program
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Strong emphasis and desire to be outstanding in learning, teaching and leading education and believe that children have the potential to reach the highest of expectations when in the right environment
- Experience of current UK initiatives and developments
- Capacity to support creative learning and to focus on developing 21st Century learning environments and innovation skills
- Confidence in using IT to motivate and extend student’s learning experiences
- Strong focus on pastoral care and be prepared to go the extra mile to get the best out of ‘our’ students
- Experience of using data from standardized tests and external examinations to track student progress.
- Competitive salary (tax free)
- An initial two year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Accommodation Allowance
- Annual return air ticket / allowance
- Medical insurance cover
- Visa arranged by the school
Interviews for short-listed applicants will be held immediately via Skype/ Imo.
To apply for this position, please send your CV, supporting letter (addressed to the Principal Ms Yamina Chergui). (email@example.com)
If you want to join a successful and forward looking team, with good facilities in a great city, then we look forward to welcoming you!