Required for January 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
Vacancy Number: 1587929
We are a values-based school in the heart of southern Germany. Situated close to a major American Airbase we primarily support British personnel posted here with NATO. We aim to offer a first class education to our children and are looking to recruit a teacher who is willing to work with us towards excellence.
We are particularly interested in applications from teachers who really know and understand the early years of education (3-8yrs). You would also be willing to work across the school age range and work flexibly as part of our close knit team.
We are pro-active around CPD, ensuring all staff are invested in through regular CPD, coaching and mentoring, observations and sharing best practice.
We are looking for individuals who
- have proven experience as high quality primary practitioners committed to excellent teaching
- have a positive and inspirational approach with a real passion for making a difference
- can motivate, challenge and enthuse children
- can work effectively as part of a forward thinking team
- have a passion for innovative practice
At St David’s Primary School we…
- Are a cohesive team
- Love sports, music, IT, the arts and the outdoor environment and are continually looking to improve our offer, facilities and opportunities
- Have an established Forest School (FS to Y6), if you do not already hold a qualification in this area we would support you in gaining one.
- Positively encourage participation in extra activities above and beyond the core curriculum, developing well-rounded children
In return, we can offer
- happy and confident children who are proud of their school and eager to learn
- a friendly and supportive team of colleagues who are willing to share expertise and learn from one another
- challenge and opportunity for your professional development
- the opportunity to work in central Europe, within easy reach of France, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland.
- Excellent facilities based in the center of our small town.
You must register/log in to Civil Service Jobs (CSJ) to view this vacancy. Guidance on how to register on Civil Service Jobs (CSJ) can be found by visiting www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk and clicking on ‘sign in / create an account’. Once logged in, select the overseas option from the region box, click search, and a list of all overseas jobs will appear.
Applicants are required to submit an Application Form and Supporting Statement Form to demonstrate the criteria of the post advertised. The supporting Statement form is included in the Applicant Information Pack which can be found on CSJ. Applications submitted without a Supporting Statement Form will not be considered.
For applicants selected for interview 3 references will be sought including a reference from your current Line Manager and most recent employee working with children.
For information about the post please e-mail the Headteacher, John Redman on email@example.com
For any issues regarding the online application process please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 345 7772.
For any other issues please email email@example.com
The closing date is midnight GMT Sunday the 9th December 2018.
This post requires an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS). Service Children’s Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment.