This is an exciting time to join Nobel International School, and we are welcoming applications from experienced teachers who have had experience in an international setting.
Ideal candidates will be well qualified with a sound understanding of effective teaching and learning within the Cambridge Primary and Secondary, and International Primary Curriculum. Experience in the curricula is essential. They should have proven skills and evidence of excellence in all aspects of their work.
Nobel International School is located close to the center of Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia. It is within easy access to a wide range of cultural and sporting areas. The school itself, has a well established primary and secondary provision, teaching students from 5 years old to 16 years of age., where they sit for the IGCSEs at the end of year 11. We offer a rich and quality education with affordable fees. The school caters for children of both expats working and living in Malaysia, and for local Malaysians, wanting and international education. The school has an equal number in its primary and secondary sections, and the staff comprise both expatriates and Malaysian teachers.
Main Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for leading the instructional process by delivering lessons, collaborating with other teachers and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues and responding to queries from parents or guardians WITH the objective of enhancing student learning outcomes WITHIN the established curriculum guidelines and lesson plans.
• Degree/Masters in any subject area.
• Qualified teaching post graduate certificate.
• Minimum More than 3 years classroom teaching experience
• Must be above 27 years of age.
Core Knowledge Required
• Thorough knowledge of the range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies and how to implement them effectively.
• Thorough understanding of curriculum implementation techniques and a range of assessment requirements and arrangements.
• Awareness of educational psychology.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Cambridge International Examination (CIE) standards.
• Academic Practices.
• School Operations
• Decision Making
• Customer Relations
• Planning, Organising & Coordinating
• Innovative / Creative
• Open Minded
• Honesty & Integrity
Teaching and Curriculum Implementation
• Effectively prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities using varied teaching techniques.
• Research new topic areas, maintain up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise new curriculum materials.
• Liaise with the Coordinator, SH and other Teachers on the preparation and development of curriculum, teaching methods and assessments.
• Ensure complete compliance and execution of the syllabus during school hours.
• Ensure the integration of Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in lessons.
• Demonstrate an awareness of, and make provision for students who have special education needs.
Assessments and Reports
• Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching.
• Mark students’ work and set targets for progress.
• Give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils’ progress and development.
• Assess and record students’ progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed.
• Effectively communicate with parents and provide feedback of their child’s progress in PTMs.
Staff and own Development / Trainings / Reviews / Meetings and Administrative responsibilities
• Supervise and support the professional development of Teacher Aides and Teaching Assistants.
• Participate in programs for their own professional development.
• Participate in and organise extracurricular activities.
• Participate in school group meetings, parent teacher meetings and school events.
• Ensure discipline and adherence to classroom decorum.
• Plan and maintain a safe, clean, learning environment and assure the well-being and safety of the students.
Discipline / Health and safety / School ethos
• Promote standards of conduct, discipline and proper regard for authority among pupils.
• Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in case of misbehaviour.
• Ensure the safety of students both when they are authorised to be on the school premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
• Support the SH in maintaining and promoting the ethos of the school and cordial relations with parents.