Teacher-in-charge of Music (maternity cover)
Do you want to work with highly aspirational students in a diverse multicultural environment?
We are seeking to appoint an innovative Teacher-in-Charge of Music; a teacher that will lead by example and manage developments within the Music curriculum. You will join a successful department that has consistently achieved above national average results at KS4 and 5 and be part of an Academy that has held the Artsmark Gold award since 2010. You will be able to show the motivation, leadership and commitment required to achieve ambitious targets and exceed expectations both within your department and for the Academy as a whole.
The Music Department is exceptionally well resourced, comprising 3 classrooms equipped with iMacs and MIDI keyboards, running the most up to date version of Logic Pro X. In addition, our recording studio has 5 live rooms patched in a well-stocked microphone cupboard, studio monitors and a 16-channel mixing desk.
We encourage applications from teachers who can add value to a strong department and prosper in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate must:
- Have the ability and experience to teach Music to GCSE level
- Experience of Music Technology at A Level would be useful
- Have strong teaching and classroom skills
- Be able to inspire and develop teaching and learning across all key stages
- Have excellent subject knowledge
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
- A supportive environment with excellent CPD opportunities
- Highly committed and driven staff
- A highly oversubscribed academy, with students who are very keen to learn
- A multicultural, diverse environment with high expectations for our students
This vacancy arises to cover a period of maternity leave.
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey in South London. We are passionate about raising the aspirations and achievements of our students. Sponsored by the City of London Corporation, the Academy provides a broad, high quality education with an added focus on Business & Enterprise and Sport to students aged 11-18 years old.
All applications must be made via the online TES application form. CVs will not be accepted. Further information about the academy and the Trust is available from the academy website at: www.cityacademy.co.uk.
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
Please apply as soon as possible as the post may close earlier than the published closing date and we may also invite candidates to interview at any point during the advert period.
Closing Date: 22nd June 2018
Interviews: Will be held as and when applications are received.
Start Date: As soon as possible