Urgent applications are invited for a full time Years 7-12 Teacher Librarian and/or English Teacher for a Years 7-12 coeducational Catholic school located in Sydney’s Western Suburbs. It is approximately 40 kilometres South West of Sydney’s Central Business District.
About the Role:
- Full time, contract position to commence immediately until April 2019 - covering a maternity leave
- Teaching Year 8 English
- Manage efficient and flexible procedures for delivery of Library-related services
- Develop and administer Library resource budgets, maintain accurate budget records and be accountable to school administration
- Coordinate the roles and responsibilities of Library Support Staff
- Oversee the running of Library management system and related technologies.
- Contribute to co-curricular initiatives, whole-school initiatives and curriculum
- Leadership in the school
Benefits of Registering with Smart Teachers:
- Completely free service
- Gain access to exclusively listed positions
- Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
- Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more!
About the School:
- Years 7-12 Coeducational Catholic school. School offers facilities including innovative Science rooms, including dual-purpose classrooms and laboratories, open and flexible learning spaces, Technology and Applied Sciences facilities, including an industry standard hospitality kitchen and professionally equipped construction workshops.
- The library is a state-of-the-art facility, which is equipped with an extensive collection of print and digital resources as well as advanced technology to facilitate innovative 21st Century teaching and learning
- The library offers homework club, reading including The NSW Premier’s Reading Challenge and Clancy’s Reading Rewards Program as well as competitions such as trivia, scavenger hunts, secret lucky books, information hunts, Manga Character Competition
- Students have opportunities to participate in debating, public speaking, mock trials, dance and musicals.
- Willingness and ability to teach Year 8 English
- Hold formal Teacher Librarian qualifications or relevant experience
- Be supportive of the school’s Catholic ethos
- Provide a minimum of three professional references
- Be registered or have the ability to be registered with New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) and hold a NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Have the right to work in Australia
Please reply to express interest. Due to time constraints, only short listed applicants will be contacted with more information.
Fast track your application:
- If you are in Australia, email your CV to Sandy, quoting job reference #WEB1806-528710SL – email@example.com
- If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Monet quoting job reference #WEB1806-528710MH – firstname.lastname@example.org
- To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (T&Cs apply).