About the French International School
Established in 1964, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was one of the first schools in Hong Kong to offer the IB. It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,600 students from around the world. It offers both French and British-style curricula and is the largest French school in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, three of which accommodate students in the International Stream. The two primary schools, one surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and the other in a pristine historical building in Chai Wan, are conveniently situated on Hong Kong Island. A new site will open in September 2018 in Tseung Kwan O catering for reception to year 2.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International, under an overall Headmaster appointed by the AEFE. The French Stream follows a French curriculum and has approximately 2000 students. The International Stream follows an English and Mathematics curriculum broadly based on the English national curriculum and also IPC/IEYC thematic curriculum leading to IGCSE and then the International Baccalaureate in years 12 and 13. It currently has approximately 697 students registered.
For more information about FIS, please refer to www.fis.edu.hk.
Teacher-librarian International Stream Job Outline
Contract Term: Two years renewable from mid-August 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced and qualified teacher-librarian at FIS. We are seeking an inspirational and energetic person to work alongside the leadership team and staff members to maximise the use of the library resources across the campuses in the International stream. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success, innovation and development in a similar role. It would be a great advantage if the candidate is bilingual English/French.
We are seeking a teacher-librarian who will:
· Work with the Leadership teams and staff members to ensure information literacy outcomes are a major school focus
· Be qualified with an internationally accepted degree and teaching qualification and/or librarian qualification. Applicants without one of these will need to demonstrate experience in the non-qualified area.
· Be a dynamic, forward-looking professional with the experience and skills to work with staff in curriculum planning;
· Be willing to work closely with colleagues in the French Stream in the administration of library duties;
· Lead key staff in delivering research skills lessons to students in the Secondary School:
· Be internationally-minded and culturally sensitive;
· Be committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement;
We will provide:
- A competitive compensation package including cash allowance and gratuity
- International worldwide medical cover
- Subsidised education for children at French International School
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development.
- A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to work in a culturally diverse context.
Please send a CV with a recent photograph to email@example.com and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides to explain how your experience so far has prepared you for the job and what your approach to education is. Early applications are recommended as the School reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline should a suitable candidate present him or herself. Please send your application by 1 Feb 2018. Interview will take place in Hong Kong or London. Address your application to Mr Ian Clayton, head of the international stream.