We wish to appoint a PCGE or B.Ed qualified teacher librarian for the Junior Library to work directly with students, helping to develop their literacy and independent research skills. As a forward-thinking, dynamic teacher, you will establish the library's central role in developing our our students' literacy, information technology, and media skills. You will also assist colleagues with digital and media integration throughout the curriculum.
Experience in resource development and coordinating programs promoting student learning and literacy are highly desirable.
Exceptional CPD opportunities are available to all teachers including the NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH in addition to GEMS professional qualifications.
Sheikh Zayed Private Academy for Boys is a leading US Curriculum school, delivering an outstanding education from KG – to Grade 12. As a GEMS-managed school, SZPAB has, since opening in 2015, already established a reputation across the UAE for its high quality education, modern facilities, innovative use of technology and 1 to 1 iPad program.
The school was listed as one of the top 10 schools in the UAE and won the best blended curriculum in the UAE in the Schools Compared Awards 2018. We have received a Band A rating from ADEK (Ofsted equivalent), who identified the use of technology to enrich the curriculum and the Learning Support department as ‘Areas of Distinction’ across the UAE. The school has achieved Apple Distinguished School Status, the first K-12 School in the UAE to do so. SZPAB also has NEASC and AI accreditation for its curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
- PGCE or equivalent qualification in Education
- Diploma or post-graduate qualification in librarianship / library science
- Enthusiasm for, and experience in, innovative digital learning practice is highly advantageous
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
- Renewable fixed-term contract for 2 years
- Highly competitive tax-free salary
- Fully furnished accommodation, with gym and pool
- Comprehensive international health insurance
- Annual flight allowance
Please complete the Tes online application form and upload your CV, with a letter of application that outlines your career so far and ambitions within the education profession.
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted
The Sheikh Zayed Private Academy for Boys
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Boys school with students of age 4 - 16 years
The Sheikh Zayed Private Academy for Boys is an Abu Dhabi Education Council accredited Band A school with a strong emphasis on developing our students’ awareness of local culture as well as providing a top class education, so that they can become the...