Lancasterian School is a special school for pupils with a range of learning disability and other associated needs e.g physical disability, complex medical needs, sensory impairments, ASD, complex speech and language difficulties requiring augmentative and alternative communication (AAC).
There are currently 137 pupils that attend from EYFS to16yrs.
The Governors are seeking to appoint
Class Teacher (1 SEN point ) Required for ASAP
We require a skilled and motivated teacher to join our dedicated team. We are looking for a teacher to work initially within a pre-formal (PMLD) class. However there could be the opportunity to teach any area of the school, primary or secondary dept. You will be responsible for co-ordinating the whole school development of an area of the curriculum. SEN experience is desirable, NQT will be considered, depending on experience
We are looking for a candidate who:
• is an outstanding teacher, who sets high expectations of learning, teaching, behaviour and care;
• makes learning exciting and relevant, promoting positive outcomes for pupils;
• is an excellent communicator, confident to interact with professionals & parents;
• has the commitment and determination to succeed in a demanding role;
• has effective organisational skills to lead skilled classroom teaching assistants;
• has a strong commitment to multi-disciplinary working.
We can offer:
• a supportive school, where pupils enjoy learning and make excellent progress;
• a friendly, professional multi-disciplinary team (health & education), who work in partnership;
• a supportive school that is committed to professional development and high expectations;
• Parents/carers and Governors who work in partnership with the school.
The Governors of the school are committed to safeguarding pupils in the school and this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure (DBS) and a Children’s Barred List check.
All visits, requests or application forms and supporting letter should be directed to Rebecca Kelly Administrator: email@example.com
Closing Date for applications is 16th October 2019 at 9.00am
Interviews week beginning 21st October 2019 date to be confirmed.