CAYMAN PREP & HIGH SCHOOL
Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 1,000 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The Primary School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced candidates to join our high-performing team in August 2021 for the following position:
Teacher – Music / Subject Leader (KG, Key Stage 1 and 2)
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching classroom music throughout the Primary School from Kindergarten (Foundation Stage) to Key Stages 1 & 2. The successful candidate will be responsible for organising and rehearsing the school’s busy music department clubs, including choirs, bands, recorder groups and string ensembles. They will also be expected to accompany assemblies, school concerts, and special performances and collaborate with senior and middle leaders and class teachers to produce these events to a very high standard, so candidates must possess keyboard skills (piano) of a high level. In addition, to their primary teaching responsibilities the successful applicant will be responsible for leading, planning, delivery, and development of an effective Music curriculum.
In addition to the responsibilities listed for the position above the duties will include, but will not be limited to:
• Teach the prescribed curriculum to assigned students, according to individual educational needs.
• Prepare long, medium- and short-term plans for all subjects taught, in collaboration with parallel class teachers, subject heads and learning support staff.
• Provide differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners.
• Assess students’ work promptly, in accordance with school policies.
• Maintain accurate records of students’ progress and attainment, using assessment data to inform instruction.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community.
• Create and maintain a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
• Participate in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Qualifications, experience and skills required for the position listed above are:
• A Bachelor’s degree in music from a recognised institution., together with an internationally recognised teaching certificate, such as such as a PGCE, a Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed.
• Minimum of three to five years’ current experience teaching a British-based curriculum, including a minimum of two years’ experience as a Music specialist Lead.
• Up to date knowledge and experience of teaching the new English National Curriculum 2014 is essential.
• Outstanding classroom practitioner, passionate about facilitating student learning skills with creative and innovative ideas.
• Experience and skills in providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners is essential.
• Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up-to-date.
• Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
• Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including prohibition from teaching checks, identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Salary range for the position listed above: CI$43,500 to CI$57,000 per annum commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website: www.cayprep.edu.ky. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE SCHOOL’S APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter to:
Robin Davies, Primary School Principal
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, May 14, 2021
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cayman Prep & High School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years