Teacher of ‘A’ level Physics at Ark Putney Academy and Ark Bolingbroke Academy
This is a fantastic opportunity to join ‘good’ schools from 1st September 2018 and teach a predominately A Level timetable (AQA). Your base school would be Ark Putney, where you would teach an A level group in Year 12 and 13, plus some year 11 Physics.
You would then move teach the same A level specification to two year groups at Bolingbroke Academy which is a 15 minute journey by car.
Start date: 1st September 2018
Salary: Ark Main Scale £29,377 - £39,982; Ark UPR £44,707 - £48,814
Location: Putney and Wandsworth, London
Deadline: Monday 21st May 2018 Interviews: w/b 21st May 2018
Ark Putney Academy opened in September 2012 as part of the Ark network in the London Borough of Wandsworth. Ark Putney is a mixed school with 638 students, ranging from year 7 through to a very successful sixth form.
In its 2017 OFSTED inspection Ark Putney Academy was rated ‘Good’ in every category. We have a very successful sixth form which is renowned in the local area. We have a strong ethos, results are excellent and every year, we send large numbers of students to some of the best universities, including Oxbridge.
In 2015, we moved into newly renovated buildings that bring the main Grade II listed building up to a modern learning light and airy teaching space and provides a state-of the art facilities for our pupils and staff.
Bolingbroke Academy, a secondary school for 11-18 year olds, welcomed its first year 7 pupils in September 2012, with another 120 pupils joining every year until the school is fully subscribed in 2018. This is a rare opportunity to join a growing team in a growing academy, located in refurbished Bolingbroke Hospital buildings next to Wandsworth Common, and play an important part in its success.
We are looking for an outstanding ‘A’ Level Physics Teacher to deliver high quality A level lessons across both schools. You will ensure high attainment of pupils through outstanding teaching and learning within the department and demonstrate experience of teaching at KS5, as well as the drive to make a difference to the lives and futures of our students.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be an outstanding teacher, able to motivate and challenge learners of all abilities
• have experience of teaching at A Level
• have a proven track record of success, and raising pupil attainment in physics • have some experience of leading and coaching others
• exude a passion for the subject which is evident in your day to day classroom practice
• demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
• have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
• be committed to Ark Schools ’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses.
As a teacher at Ark Putney and Ark Bolingbroke, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country.
Benefits of being part of the Ark network include:
• Access to an extensive CPD programme
• The chance to network with other KS5 subject leaders within our schools
• A salary 2.5% higher than the main scale teacher salaries
• Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education
For questions about the position or an informal discussion, please contact the Principal, Alison Downey, on 020 8788 3421 or email@example.com. For any other queries regarding your application, please contact Julie Rickard, Principal’s PA on 0208 394 5612 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 11 a.m on Monday 21st May 2018. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.