Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint an Art Teacher to join our successful SEND supply teaching team and to work at a school in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. This position is to start from September 2018 and will continue on a full-time basis until at least December 2018. The school will go permanent for the right Art Teacher.
The successful Art Teacher will need to have the ability to teach GCSE and A-Level Art to pupils across the Secondary School phase including Key Stage Three (KS3), Key Stage Four (KS4) and Key Stage Five (KS5). The Art Teacher will need to be confident in teaching in an engaging and enthusiastic manner. You will be expected to work effectively within a well-developed and strong Art Department and be able to plan and deliver stimulating Science lessons to children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). In addition, the successful Art Teacher will need to be able to hit the ground running in a fast paced environment and be able to manage challenging behaviour in an effective and calm manner.
To be considered for the position as an Art Teacher, you must:
· Have experience teaching/tutoring children and young people Art up to GCSE and/or A-Level
· Supported children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including; Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties, Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEBD) Difficulties and/or Autism (ASD/ASC)
· Be confident with delivering a strong Art curriculum
· Be flexible, adaptable and confident it tweaking your teaching approaches to suit the needs of the pupil’s your supporting
· Have a passion for teaching with the ability to deliver inspiring Art lessons
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as Art Teacher, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are an Art Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position as an Art Teacher. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
For more information on this Art Teacher position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in Huntingdon and across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk